Feb 11, 2013

Guyism: Some dead guy is a way better Valentine than you are

Guyism
Website for Men with Hot Girls, Humor, Videos, Photos, Sports, Beer, and Celebrities
thumbnail Some dead guy is a way better Valentine than you are
Feb 11th 2013, 18:00


It’s Valentine’s Day this week and that means you’re bound to disappoint that special someone in some way. Today’s reminder: A deceased man is more thoughtful than you are.

This particular anecdote of romance comes to us courtesy of Letters of Note, via Gawker:

thoughtful valentines day Some dead guy is a way better Valentine than you are

Twitter/Letters of Note

Transcribed by Hypervocal:

My Sweet husband, John, and I were married for 46 years. Each Valentine's Day, he'd send me the most beautiful flowers containing a note with five simple words: 'My love for you grows.' Four children, 46 bouquets and a lifetime of love were his legacy to me when he passed away two years ago.

On my first Valentine's Day alone, 10 months after I lost him, I was shocked to receive a gorgeaus bouquet addressed to me..from John. Angry and heartbroken, I called the florist to say there had been a mistake. The florist replied, 'No, ma'am, it's not a mistake. Before he passed away, your husband prepaid for many years and asked us to guarantee that you'd continue getting bouquets every Valentine's Day.' With my heart in my throat, I hung up the phone and read the attached card. It said, 'My love for you is eternal.'"

That is seriously a beautiful thing. Less beautiful if it’s just viral marketing for The Walking Dead.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

TipsBase

Selena Gomez Show Her Sexy Body

Blog Archive